The Recipe For Making Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup).
You can make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup) using 23 ingredients in 5 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup)
- Mix 500 ml of vegetable oil to fry the chicken.
- Insert 1 of whole chicken, divided into 4.
- Fill 2 of lt water.
- Add 8 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Mix 4 stalks of lemongrass, take the white part only (which is on the bottom), pounded.
- Mix 4 of green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1,5 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Add 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder or to taste.
- Add 1/2 tsp of chicken bouillon.
- Mix 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Insert of Ground spices: (blend in a food processor).
- Add 7 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 8 cloves of shallots.
- Mix 3 pcs of candle nuts.
- Fill 1 tsp of nutmegs powder.
- Insert 3 cm of turmeric.
- Add 2 cm of ginger.
- Add of Chili sauce: Boil 5 bird eye chili peppers + 2 red chili peppers + 5 cloves garlic until soft. Remove from the heat. Grind all the ingredients using a mortar and pestle. Add 1/4 tsp salt.
- Add of Koya topping: Grind 5 cloves fried garlic + 8 fried prawn crackers using a mortal and pestle.
- Insert of For the complement:.
- Mix 4 of hard boiled eggs, peeled, cut.
- Fill 50 gr of mung bean vermicelli, soaked in boiled water for 3 minutes, removed from the heat, drained.
- Add of some lime wedges.
Quick Step To Make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup)
- Heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in the wok over medium-heat. Sauté the ground spices, kaffir lime leaves, and lemongrass until fragrant. Remove from the heat..
- Boil chicken and ground spices in a big pot until the chicken is cooked.Take out the chicken from the pot. Set the chicken aside..
- Add chopped green onions into the soup..
- In a pan, fry the chicken for a while in vegetable oil. Remove from the heat. Cut the chicken into small pieces..
- Place some white rice, some mung bean vermicelli, chicken meat, and some hard boiled eggs in a bowl. Pour the hot chicken broth into the bowl. Add some lime juice into the soup and koya topping on top. Yum! 😋.
That's how to make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup) Recipe.