The Recipe For Making Spicy Cashew Chicken.
You can make Spicy Cashew Chicken using 14 ingredients in 13 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Spicy Cashew Chicken
- Add 2 large of chicken breasts, cubed.
- Fill 1 tbsp of cooking sherry.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- Insert 1/4 cup of oil.
- Insert 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, sliced.
- Add 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Insert 1/2 cup of cashews, lightly salted or unsalted.
- Insert 1 of Toasted sesame seeds, to taste.
- Insert of Sauce.
- Add 8 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- Insert 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Add 8 tsp of sugar.
- Mix 4 tsp of white vinegar.
Easy Way To Make Spicy Cashew Chicken
- Combine 2 Tbsp of soy sauce with the cooking sherry in a medium sized bowl.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, put chicken in soy sauce and sherry marinade. Let sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk 8 Tbsp soy sauce, 3 Tbsp corn starch, 8 tsp sugar, and 4 tsp vinegar. Set aside..
- Slice the green onions, mince the garlic and measure out the red pepper flakes.
- Drain chicken in strainer to get the marinade off as much as possible.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. When oil is hot and ready, add red pepper flakes to the oil and stir a few times.
- Add chicken all at once. Let the chicken sit for a few minutes until golden, then stir to turn the chicken and brown on both sides..
- Once chicken is golden brown and cooked through, add garlic to chicken and cook for about a minute.
- Drain oil if there is still an excessive amount in the pan. Add cashews, stir..
- Immediately remove wok or skillet from the heat pour in sauce while continuously stirring to coat all the chicken in the sauce..
- The sauce should thicken quite a bit, but if you would like it thicker, put the pan back on medium heat for 5-10 seconds, constantly stirring..
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the top, add green onion slices, serve over white rice, and enjoy!.
- Veggies could also be added. I added a 1/4 cup of chopped celery and added it right before adding the cashews.
That's how to make Spicy Cashew Chicken Recipe.